Kendall Jenner, the successful American model is much in news nowadays due to her hot looks and perfectly toned body. She is one of the celebrities to achieve fame and success at a young age of 20 years.
Revealing her diet secrets at Fashion Week, she said a diet rich in fresh fruits, vegetables and lean proteins, and devoid of junk food keeps her high on energy. But her amazing figure can be attributed to her green tea addiction.
She starts her day with a cup of green tea and consumes 12 cups in a day that helps her to stay in shape.
However, the health benefits of green tea are not limited to weight loss. She is the one who vouches for it. And she has a reason to do so.
Let’s have a look at what a cup of green tea offers to you:
- Boosts metabolism – Green tea, due to the presence of catechins , interferes with absorption of lipids in the intestine and thus prevents accumulation of fat in the body. These benefits are added by including
High amounts of protein, and less fat and sugar in your diet.
- Lowers cholesterol – Green tea helps in lowering the level of all types of cholesterol thus reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Prevents cancer – Research studies have concluded the role of green tea in lowering the risk as well as slowing down the growth of ovarian, breast, prostate and endometrial cancers.
- Detoxification – Green tea is rich in antioxidants like catechins that lower the amount of free radicals in the body thus preventing cell damage. Free radicals are a group of atoms having at least one unpaired electron which makes them unstable and highly reactive. They accelerate cell damage and increase the incidence of cancer, heart disease and age-related diseases.
- Improves brain function – Green tea contains caffeine, although less than that of coffee , together with amino acid L-theanine which helps in improving brain function including mood, reaction time and memory. It also protects the brain from neurodegenerative disorders like dementia and Parkinson’s disease.
- Lowers the risk of dental infection – The antioxidants in green tea also inhibit bacterial growth thus lowering the risk of dental infection, caries and bad breath.
- Controls blood sugar – Some research studies have proven the effects of green tea in lowering blood sugar levels in Type II diabetics and also preventing the incidence of diabetes in high risk individuals.
Besides green tea, diet pills and supplements are another option available for those trying to shed extra pounds. Although these diet supplements are advertised as magical solution to lose weight but maximum are not backed by any clinical research. In addition, they carry the risk of harmful effects like increased heart rate, high blood pressure, diarrhoea, anxiety, sleeplessness, and kidney and liver damage.
On the other hand, green tea is a safe, natural and reliable choice to stay in shape and lead a happy, healthy life.
Ideally, you can take 3-5 cups of green tea daily with a maximum of 10, and opt for fresh leaves rather than tea bags.
So, just replace your cup of normal tea with green tea and give a complex to your friends with a perfectly toned body.