“My son is 6 years old but still he is not able to concentrate on his studies. Whatever I teach him he is not able to memorise it”
“My boss scolds me every day because I fall asleep in the midst of my work”
Do these incidents sound familiar to you?
If yes, then how do you tackle them?
“I consulted many physicians, gobbled up so many vitamins and pills containing what not, and the result is only disappointment”
All these things point to just one problem and that is impaired brain health.
The solution to this does not lie in pills, but only in one herb – Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri)
Remember the famous “Brahmi Amla Hair Oil”. Ever wondered why is brahmi added to the hair oils?
Brahmi is amongst the top herbs used in Ayurveda to enhance intelligence, learning skills and speech and there is no herb better than it in improving brain function in a natural way.
Brahmi has many health benefits to boast of:
- Strengthens the memory and intellect: A research study conducted by Centre for Biomedical Engineering, IIT Delhi testifies the role of brahmi in memory dysfunction occurring in neurodegenerative disorders. brahmi helps to regenerate the neural networks in the brain thus boosting your memory.
- Boosts the cognitive ability that includes thinking, reasoning, understanding, learning and remembering: This has been supported by a research study conducted by Department of Preclinical Science, Thammasat University, Thailand. They studied the effects of Brahmi on attenuation at cognitive deficit seen in a rat model of schizophrenia and concluded its positive role in restoration and prevention of cognitive deficit in schizophrenia patients.
- Supports focus and concentration: Brahmi provides relief to people suffering from short attention span and decreased focus.
- Encourages a balanced emotional state: Brahmi acts a tonic for the mind providing clarity and increased awareness. It relaxes the nerves, soothes the muscles and reduces stress.
- Promotes daytime energy and healthy sleep at night: Brahmi exerts a relaxing and tonic effect on the nervous system thus increasing alertness in daytime and ensuring relaxed sleep at night.
- Promotes healthy skin and hair: The relaxation you feel after applying herbal oils is attributed to the presence of brahmi in them.
- Promotes Liver health: Brahmi supports liver function by protecting it from toxins in the body and promoting natural detoxification.
- Loaded with strong antioxidants thus inhibiting cell damage
Given these health benefits, it won’t be wrong to say that brahmi is the king of herbs in boosting your brain health.
How to use Brahmi as a brain booster?
Brahmi can be used in various forms like fresh brahmi juice, brahmi powder, brahmi capsules and hair oil to reap its benefits. So why depend on anti-depressant pills and memory tonics when you can go for a natural solution?
And yes, it goes without saying to opt for an organic variety of brahmi if you don’t want to be burdened with harmful pesticides and pollutants associated with non-organic herb. It is very sad that India having been bestowed with this wonder herb does not see any one or more of its health-giving products in every second home. Mothers who have been using brahmi for their children can be reached out to as to what wonderful changes they perceived in their children.